This realistic Realistic play food is a must have for exploring kids. Here is a list with different possibilities:
Melissa & Doug Food Groups
I personally love those wooden play food sets. In this plastic fantastic world it is nice to have something with the solid feel of real wood. I do not think it did really matter to our boys, though. If I look at what is used most by them it is a mix between plastic and wood, mainly wooden food and plastic plates and spoons. This set is designed in the US and made in China.
- Healthy pretend play
- fun and educational
- 4 crates with 21 different wooden pretend food items.
- For 3 years and older, but not harmful for younger kids, so no small items I mean.
- Quality, they our out in our sandbox in our very rainy climate and still good to go after a year, no paint chipping with us.
Plan Toys Assorted Fruits and Vegetables
Cutting food by Planwood is a nice toy for practicing your little ones fine motor skills. The pieces stick together with Velcro not magnetic. The Velcro seems durable according to users, the paint and wood is a very good quality. The play food is smaller then real life food but they have a good size for small kid hands.
- The paint is a non toxic water based dye.
- age: 3 years and older.
- PlanToys emphasis sustainable manufacturing practices in their production process.
- This set is made in Thailand.
- 2 pieces in the set are not made to split which is a pity in a cutting set (the banana and the mushroom).
Most Realistic play food set :
Farmer’s Market Color Sorting Set by Learning Resources
This realistic play food set has a twist namely the color and type sorting. Next to that this set also contains a few more unusual foods which is a nice comparison to today’s supermarkets, like cucumber, eggplant, pumpkin, yellow apple and 3 different colors of peppers. This food has a very realistic look to it.
- age: 3 years and older, the pieces are quite big so no choking hazard but sorting is a bit more difficult then a 2 year old can do.
- 25 food types in 5 colors with 5 baskets.
- tested both BPA and lead compliant by the standards set by the CPSIA.
- Made in China, company is US based.
- Plastic Fantastic, but a new rubbery sort of plastic which gives it a nice feel.
Melissa & Doug Birthday Party Cake for realistic pretend play
Themed to birthdays and parties this can be a nice addition to other pretend play food sets. Though I didn’t particularly like this set (I don’t think we need to promote sugary foods, they will find those out themselves anyway) this was the favorite set of my youngest. He could play with it for an hour. Making special cakes for our guests who then needed to pretend eat them.The cake is about 7 inches in diameter, the total 8 inches. The pieces have Velcro so your kid can pretend slice them.
- Ages 3 years up to 6 years old. The toppings are small pieces.
- No electronic noises of course.
- Wooden toy.
Grocery Basket Pretend food Toy by Melissa & Doug
Nice addition to other play food sets: a grocery basket. Though this set is by Melissa and Doug again and I try to make a variety of brands this grocery basket seems better then most (I just hate those plastic fragile ones. We call them throw away toys… for a throw away society).
- Metal wired grocery basket.
- 8 play food packages.
- The lids of the cans are made “pop off”, so that is nice for creative play.
- The dimensions of the basket are about 9″width x 11″length x 4 1/2″height.
- The set fits in the M&D kitchens.
- Cardboard boxes (Unfortunately not so durable with our kids).
Last update on 2019-09-21 at 19:47 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links