Here is the top 10 of best rated Electric Fireplace Inserts for 2019, for those of you want to cosy up in front of a “hearth fire” in the winter or as close to that as possible without all the maintenance work. The fireplace inserts are complemented with short review summaries with their main cons and pros beneath the table. Let’s see which one suits you to make next winter warm and cozy!
Electric Fireplace Insert Comparison Table
1) Duraflame DFI020ARU
The pros of the Electric Fireplace Insert from Duraflame:
– doesn’t use much energy when in use
– This fireplace insert is not noisy
– It is ready out of the box, you just need to plug it in
– looks quite realistic compared to some others
– can actually heat a living room pretty quick, and a bit of real heat is nice from a electric fireplace
The cons of the Electric Fireplace Insert from Duraflame:
– disappointingly, it does not make that nice crackling sound that I’d love to hear with a fire, though this will be with most electric fireplaces and if it does have that sound it is just a speaker, i know.
– It does look a bit realistic, but not totally. Fortunately you forget that after a few minutes.
2) Dimplex DFI2309
Here are a few cons and pros of the Electric Fireplace Insert from Dimplex DFI2309:
– The Dimplex DFI2309 Electric Fireplace Insert Heater is easy to install according to reviewers, will take about 20 minutes
– Gives the look of a fire and also the additional heat.
– The heater has a high & low setting and is quiet enough for us
– Looks nice at night but looks awful during the day, really fake!
The difference between this “deluxe” model DFI2310 from the standard DFI2309 is a larger, brighter and even more realistic flame. Of course for a bit higher price.
– When you want the cozy fireplace ambiance without the heaters they can be turned off completely
– very realistic looking,
– reasonably-priced insert
– heating options: full heat, half heat or flame only
– remote control only turns the insert on or off
– no crackle or pop sounds
3) Bionaire BFH5000-UM
Here are a few cons and pros of the Electric Fireplace Insert from Bionaire Electric Fireplace Heater:
– You can easily carry this insert around (to the bedroom, living room, wherever you want it.)
– though not like a traditional fireplace, it’s a stylish, very contemporary design
– glass front is thick and strong
– Good remote which supports all functions
– heating function works good
– no easy way to hide the cord, which kinda spoils the looks
– The fan make noise and keeps running when the heat is turned off (to create the light effect?)
– Light effect is not realistic
4) Dimplex Colonial Walnut Electric Fireplace
Here are a few cons and pros of the Electric Fireplace Insert from Dimplex CFP3920BW Fireplace
– This heater gives a lot of heat! Gives really toasty rooms!
– This fireplace is great quality when compared to others (big box retailers) for less money.
– The thermostat is easily adjustable
– Quite silent compared to other heaters
– Attractive, beautiful space heater
– The assembly instructions good be better
5) AKDY Az520al
Pros of the Electric Fireplace Insert from AKDY Az520a:
– Like one of the customers says: looks stylish when off, realistic when on
– Better than I expected for less than $300.
– easy to install
Cons of the Electric Fireplace Insert from AKDY Az520a:
– When mounted on the wall, the wall does get hot at the place where the heat blows out at the top.
Last update on 2019-06-26 at 20:39 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links