A good leaf guard can save you a lot of work and even prevent your home from water damage. Cleaning out your gutters regularly during fall season is dirty work and unfortunately you have to repeat it every two weeks if you have trees next to your house. A leaf guard will prevent debris and leaves accumulation without needing your attention every time.
Comparison table Best Leaf Guard
Update on 2021-03-02 at 15:27 / #Commissions Earned
Leaf guards are a simple solution to clogged gutters. They are easy to install (often they are clipped onto the gutter) and easy to remove in case of need. The water will still run through the gutters freely, while the leaves and debris is stopped from hindering the water flow. Check the leaf guards below to see which one will solve your problem. The reviews are based on consumer reports.
Best Leaf Guard – Reviews by Consumer Reports
1. Raptor Gutter Guard – The Best Overall
Main selling point: Do It Right, and Do It Once! And they do have a lot of optimistic consumer reports to proof it.
Specs and Features: This gutter guard blocks everything. Leaves, pine needles and roof grit. It has a long warranty and everything to install it is included. It is suitable for 5″ wide standard gutters or smaller gutters. The stainless steel micro-mesh material will stand up to the toughest weather elements.
Conclusion: Save bet for almost all different type of roofing / gutters and areas.
Pros of the Raptor Gutter Guard
- Great warranty for 25 years.
- Installation is simple and the installation guide is good.
- Made in the USA so no language problems or inferior quality and no extra environmental load.
Cons of the Raptor Gutter Guard
- The micro mesh keeps everything out but needs to be installed properly else the water will not pass it either.
- The way the sections join is by just overlapping each other. This makes it the most vulnerable part of the guard.
- Price: this is one of the more expensive guards on the market.
2. E-Z-Gutter Guard EZ-Shield-10 – Good for very cold areas
Small Intro: The EZ shield 10 is designed Solid with louvers. Next to this the color is black which for most roofs blends in better and as an extra bonus warms up faster in the sun and melts snow and ice.
Specs and Features: This guard is 10 x 4 foot parts to cover 40 feet of gutter. It is designed for 5″ gutters. The aluminum is made to stand up in the weather.
Conclusion: Great gutter guard for cold areas.
Pros of the EZ-Gutter Guard ez-shield 10:
- This option is very low cost compared to it’s alternatives.
- The paint layer looks very solid so the claim about not rusting is probably true.
- Once the guard is installed it stays put.
- The black color heats up faster so if ice and snow freezing up on your roof are a problem this melts it faster.
Cons of the EZ-Gutter Guard ez-shield 10:
- The edges of this system are really sharp
- The aluminum has a thin feel, not to solid.
- Your gutters need to be really straight, if else it will not fit seamlessly and installation will be a crime.
3. EZ-Quick-10 – The Budget Product
This is the cheaper gutter guard from E-Z-GUTTER GUARD: the EZ-Quick-10. It is a real budget guard and still a nice quick solution.
Breakdown of the Specs and Features: This guard comes also with 10 sections, of 4′ long each. So the total length makes up for 40 feet of gutter. The installation is without screws and easy going. The durable aluminum guard will not rust or rot like some other materials do. The mesh is thigh enough to let water flow through but stop leaves and larger debris. Replace a part or lifting a part out to check on the gutter is simple by snapping it out.
Small Outro: Definitely a cheap and quick solution with a lot of happy EZ-Quick-10 consumer reviews.
Pros of the EZ-Quick-10:
- The main pro is of course it’s price.
- Sits up in the gutter instead of lays down in it. This prevents leaves from clogging your guard.
- Easy to remove a part.
- It is easy to bent it in the shape you want it to be. Just bent it concave with your thumbs.
Cons of the EZ-Quick-10:
- They don’t come pre shaped as shown on the image, you have to shape them yourself.
- Some customers seem to have problems during winter. Especially when the cold wind is straight onto your gutter the guards small meshing holes tent to freeze up and the dripping water cannot reach the gutters anymore
4. GutterStuff Guard – Quick fix for a couple of years.
Main selling point: Simple Simple Simple!
Breakdown of the Specs and Features: This is an UV protected quality foam which is made safety proof by a germicide and a fire retardant. Available in 3 different sizes: 4 inch, 5 inch and 6 inch, GutterStuff guards seals out leaves and other debris.
Conclusion: Though it works good at the beginning after a few years you need to replace them. So this is no long term solution.
Pros of the GutterStuff Guard
- High quality and cost effective gutter protection
- Not visible from the garden / street
- Warranty is 5 years.
- Very easy to install.
Cons of the GutterStuff Guard
- With heavy rain the water shoots over the shutter especially if there is debris still not washed of on the foam.
- their lifetime seems to be relatively short (some consumer reports say about 7 years)
- The foam gets “old and hard” by the weather after a few years and gives problems then.
- Helicopters (maple seeds) get stuck in the foam and seem to like it. They shoot roots and start growing.
5. A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard – The best for handling large amounts of rain water
Main selling point: Great for rainy areas.
Breakdown of the Specs and Features: It is designed to fit on all type of hangars, from hidden hangars to old style spike and farrow to K-style hangars. The design gives more airflow to remove debris.
Pros of the A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard
- Invisible from the ground
- Lifetime warranty
- The installation is straight forward.
Cons of the A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard
- During really heavy rainfall the some customers report that the rain skims across the gutter guard and shoots over the rim onto the ground.
- Some users drill even more holes in the guard to prevent this from happening.
Choosing the Best “Leaf Guard” – Our Buying Guide.
Best Leaf Guard – Reviews By Consumer Report
Are you tired of:
- Watching the rain come down and already worrying over your clogged gutters and the amount of work coming up?
- Getting the ladder out and climbing onto the wiggly thing in the cold weather
- Cleaning the smelly and messy stuff out of the gutter
- And all this just to prevent it from damaging your house by water and rot.
A good couple of gutter guards eliminates this maintenance! But which one are suitable for your area and type of gutters?
Well measure up those gutters and read it all about maple seed helicopters, icy winds which freeze up your roof and heavy downpours.
Other well known Brands for leafguard gutter system s are:
Leaf sentry gutter guard
Leafree gutter guard also called leaf free gutter guard
Alcoa leaf relief gutter cover
Leaf blaster / leaf blaster pro
Sure flow leaf guard
Englert leaf guard
Leaf tech gutter
FAQ for the best leaf gaurd
leaf guard vs leaf filter
leaf guard vs gutter helmet
gutter helmet vs leaf filter
What’s your take on the Best Leaf Guard? Do not hesitate to share your opinion in the comments below!