First of all let’s start with a comparison table of the best commercial snow cone machine for 2019. This are industrial snow cone machine with good ratings and good reviews. Or Click here for an overview of all commercial snow cone machines.
Commercial Snow Cone Machine Comparison Table
Commercial snow cone machine Reviews
Are you looking to buy a commercial snow cone machine? Check out the reviews of the these snow cone machines first and save up on your purchase with a snow cone machine sale! Below you can check out the list to read about the more sold industrial snow cone machines and compare summaries of user reports with the main pros and cons of those according to customers. You can see more features by clicking on them. When there are new ones on the market I will add them to this best commercial snow cone machine list.
The top 5 Commercial Snow Cone Machine list:
1) Paragon Snow cone machine reviews
3) Great Northern Hawaiian Shaved Ice Machine
4) Nostalgia snow cone cart
1) Paragon Commercial Snow Cone Machine Reviews
Paragon has 3 different models: the Paragon Port-A-Blast, the Simply-A-Blast and the Arctic Blast. First their reviews and then the differences:
Paragon Port-A-Blast Commercial snow cone machine
- Commercial-grade snow cone machine; well suited for high-volume, two-person service
- Capable of shaving more than 500 pounds of cube or chunk ice per hour.Clean tray and area below tray with clean cloth
- Heavy-duty aluminumized metal construction; has tough, 1/3-horsepower, 1,725-RPM motor
This Port-a-Blast is an industrial snow cone machine which measures 22 inches wide by 17 inches deep by 16 inches high and weighs 45 pounds. The voltage of the Paragon Port-A-Blast SnoCone Machine is a Standard 120VAC 60Hz with a 3 prong normal household plug. The snow cone maker is NSF certified so it is approved and suitable for commercial usage. If needed it can be operated with a 1000+ W generator.
The texture of the “snow cone ice” depends a bit on the ice you use. Overall it makes fine, snow-like ice, not chunky. The drier the ice, the finer/ powdery the snow. If you use melting ice it will be courser snow cone ice. You can adjust the blades if you want a different type of ice.
- As their cheapest model, this sno cone maker still features everything paragon commercial snow cone machines have to offer.
- NSF certified.
- The quality is the same as their more expensive models.
- Lower energy usage than the other 2 paragon models as there is no “cabinet” with extra lights to burn.
- The blade is adjustable and replaceable
- The Paragon Port-A-Blast has a plastic tub vs. a lighted cabinet so there is no insulation. The ice melts quickly and there is no drain to remove the melted water.
- If you shave larger ice volumes for other purposes the tray is quite shallow, so the ice peaks up in the shaving chamber and the Sno Cone Machine will stop rotating. If you spread the ice out now and then it will work properly even under that usage conditions.
Paragon Arctic Blast Commercial snow cone machine
The Arctic Blast has the same mechanical parts as the port-a-blast. The difference is the blue lighted cabinet with a stainless steel top to catch the snow. Both are real commercial grade snow cone machines but this is a real eye catcher.
It also features an impact-resistant panels cabinet and a plastic tray with a drain to let the excess of water out. It fits on the Paragon Blast Cart for easy transportation. Tested to NSF/ANSI Standard 4 by ETL, UL 197 – CSA 22.2 NO. 109 – CE
- The same as above
- Very good looking for customers
- The bottom has a plastic tray with a drain.
- The start price is higher because it is obviously made of more materials.
- Costs more energy than the basic model to keep it cold.
Paragon Port-A-Blast versus Paragon Simply-A-Blast versus Paragon Arctic
As this is often confusing here a short comparison of these 3 Paragon snow cone makers:
1) The Port-A-Blast is their simplest industrial snow cone machine. It uses a plastic tray instead of a “vitrine / cabinet”. It is cost effective and energy efficient but it does not have the looks of the other two though.
2) The Paragon Simply-A-Blast is their middle model. It has a clear cabinet with tempered glass windows with a galvanized steel top for customers, to avoid the cheap look.
3) The Paragon Arctic is their top model. The plus above the other 2 models is it’s looks for customers. It has a blue glass “cabinet” made of high impact glass and a stainless steel top. For the very slight price difference of about 10 dollars it is worth to consider this model if you depend on how your shop looks for your customers this is a very professional snow cone machine. When you have a behind the counter sno cone machine there is no pre of this model above the other.
2. Costzon Snow Cone Machine Review
Sturdy Construction Built to Last
Rational Design with Easy & Secure Operation
The shaved ice results seems to differ in type: often very fine like snowball ice but sometimes chunky sized snow cone texture. The difference could result from what ice cubes you use (dry ice versus wet ice vs packed ice). In my opinion it is the same as a lot of other low cost import snow cone makers (Yescom / Koval / etc..). the main difference is that the importer seems to react at questions so he seems into it for the long term and not just for the quick sale. Price is about the same as the others.
- Mostly happy customers with good reviews.
- Cheaper than the main brand at this moment (2019)
- The blade is not easily adjustable.
- Replacement shaving blades are not readily available, but they don’t dull fast.
- It is unclear if it is an officially commercial machine (NSF certified).
3) Great Northern Hawaiian Shaved Ice Machine Review
- Premium finish; high impact abs with brass and stainless steel construction
- Premium quality utilizes a commercial, heavy-duty motor (1/3 hp, 1725 rpm)
- Fully adjustable stainless steel blade (replaceable)
The machine comes almost totally assembled. Overall the machine is heavy build, mostly solid hard plastic, the moving parts are metal. Its usage is simple. engage an ice block with the lever and turn the machine on. You can change the ice consistency by changing the blade angle. It is easy to clean with a wet cloth. So summarized: Durable, light weight and easy to clean.
- Easy to clean
- Shaved ice snow cone
- A bit heavy to lift
Conclusion: All in all if you are looking for a great machine to test if a shaved ice machine is something for your business without breaking the bank this is the best snow cone machine for a starting business.
4) Nostalgia snow cone cart Review
- LARGE CAPACITY: Holds enough snow for approximately 72 (8 Oz.) snow cones, making this perfect for birthday parties and other big events
- NOSTALGIA SNOW CONE KITS: Unit works perfectly with all Nostalgia snow cone kits try the Snow Cone Kit SCK3, Snow Cone Syrups SCS160 or the Straws and Cups SCSTRAWCUP20
- DELUXE SHAVING SYSTEM: Stainless steel blades shave 2 pounds of ice in just 90 seconds allowing you to fill up snow cones quickly
This snow cone cart is available in 3 different types: the coca cola variant, the smaller 48 inches and the larger 52 inches cart. Most of the time they are sold out on nostalgia’s own site but you see them often on amazon or eBay. The latter is often more expensive.
- The look is great.
- Like really GREAT!
- This ice cone machine is loud.
- Though the quality is good enough for back yard parties and perhaps small “lemonade stands”, in my opinion it is not up to some real commercial usage.
Conclusion: great home based snow cone maker or a good snow cone machine for a “lemonade stand” business. It definitely has the looks to attract customers.
5) Zeny snow cone machine Review
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Highly efficient motor can produce 440 lbs of shaved ice per hour to meet demands of large amount of ice in a relatively short time
- On/Off switch has been shielded with a waterproof cover to guarantee safe operation
This is a commercial grade snow cone machine. It features heavy duty stainless steel machine with a solid feel.
Choosing the Best “Commercial Snow Cone Machine” – Our Buying Guide.
Commercial electric snow cone maker vs ice shaver machine.
Though these snow cone makers are not ice shavers some of them come pretty close.
Like the paragon sno cone makers give you almost an ice shaver machine for the price of a snow cone maker.
What is the difference between snow cones and shaved ice?
Shaved ice makers and snow cone machines are 2 different type of machines but they get confused easily. So for once and all an explanation:
- Ice shavers shave the ice from a large block of ice and create snow flakes. Those fine flakes melt quickly. They hold the syrups better as the flakes are so much smaller.
- Snow cone makers often crush ice cubes into very little ice parts. As those are bigger then the snow flakes it melts slower. The consistency is a bit harder. And it holds the syrup not as well as with the ice shaver.
Therefore most people like the snow flakes better. But the machine to make snow flakes (the ice shaver) is often more expensive.
What is the best commercial snow cone machine?
As with every item you buy, the best snow cone machine for business depends on how you want to use it. Do you have a large shop or are you someone who wants to try his or her luck selling snow cones on the street. Or do you often give back yard parties and love to try this out?
What is the best snowball machine?
Commercial Snow Cone Machine for sale
For an overview of good on sale snow cone machines click here.
Snow cone syrup wholesale
You can make the syrup (the sugar water) yourself fairly easy, just mix sugar and hot water. To preserve the syrup, sodium benzoate and citric acid. And then flavor it. It does take time and space for storage though.
Buying syrup is the fastest way to go. There are different types of flavor: ready to use versus concentrate and with or without sugar. For an overview of good on sale snow cone syrup on wholesale click here.
What is the best syrup for snow cones?
This depends on your taste.I prefer not to much added sugar and as little color numbers as possible but if you have a large shop i guess you want a cheap wholesale syrup.
What is the snow cone flavor?
In itself the ice from your snow cone is just water so without any syrups it taste like frozen water. The syrups give them its taste.
How do you make a snow cone machine?
You can easily make a snow cone machine to make some nice home made cones with a good blender. Here is a good description on Wikihow.
Is shaved ice bad for you?
Of course not. It is refreshing and safe to eat.
The sugars in the snow cones are bad for you though, especially if you consume cones with a lot of added high sugar syrups. On long term they can lead to diabetes and obesity.
How do you make snow cones out of snow?
Scoop up two hands of nice fresh snow, put it in a glas and add the syrup of your liking (just as with lemonade). Gently stir and voila, vous etes pret.
Other snow cone machine brands:
Koval Inc. snow cone machine
This snow cone maker features double blades. It is an easy to clean commercial snow cone maker. The size of the snow differs like with all cheaper snow cone makers. With this machine it seems to depend on what type of ice you start with (solid ice cubes or crushed ice bags). The acrylic box is extra thick to keeps the shaved ice cool.
Warning: It is imported by a third person from china like the yescom. That could mean nothing and no problems when something is defect or it could mean you can carry it to it’s last resting place.
- It has a drain hole to release melted ice water.
- Easy to assemble machine.
- Comes with an extra set of blades.
- For a snow cone machine it is really quiet.
- The main complaints seem to be about the draining. The hose of the drain pipe is short and you need to tilt the machine a bit to drain it.
- You need to run a bit of ice through the machine to get out any lose welding fragments when in use for the first time.
- Not that many customer reviews yet.
- No NSF certified info.
Yescom commercial snow cone maker
This Yescom commercial snow cone maker is a dual blades machine from china. It is used by some people in food trucks but lacks the official NSF certificate. For as far as I can see it is the same as the Koval inc. So I guess there are 2 different importers for this snow cone maker from china and they both gave their product a different brand name.
Though the machine can still be perfectly alright I would be afraid that the customer service is below par.
- Easy to operate. Easy to clean. Replacement blades available
- It has a drain
- This commercial snow cone machine is not NSF certified.
This means it is not approved by the Health Dept to be used in food business.
Commercial snow cone machine Brands
Glacier Gears Professional
Gold Medal Shav-A-Doo
Other interesting articles for you might be:
What’s your take on the ? Do not hesitate to share your opinion in the comments below!
All links are Updated twice daily. Last update on 2021-10-16 at 07:04