First of all let’s start with a comparison of the most sold commercial snow cone machines. This are the commercial snow cone machines with good ratings and good reviews. When there are new ones on the market I will add them to this best commercial snow cone machine list.
Or check out this list to read about the more sold snow machines below and compare summaries of user reports with the main pros and cons of those according to customers. You can see more features by clicking on them.
Commercial Snow Cone Machine Comparison Table
Commercial snow cone machine Reviews
Are you looking to buy a commercial snow cone machine? Check out the reviews of the these snow cone machines first and save up on your purchase with a snow cone machine sale!
1. Paragon Port-A-Blast Commercial snow cone machine
- Commercial-grade snow cone machine; well suited for high-volume, two-person service
- Capable of shaving more than 500 pounds of cube or chunk ice per hour
- Heavy-duty aluminumized metal construction; has tough, 1/3-horsepower, 1,725-RPM motor
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 11:09 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links
The Port-a-Blast measures 22 inches wide by 17 inches deep by 16 inches high and weighs 45 pounds. The texture of the “snow cone ice” depends a bit on the ice you use. Overall it makes fine, snowlike ice, not chunky. The drier the ice, the finer/ powdery the snow. If you use melting ice it will be courser snow cone ice. You can adjust the blades if you want a different type of ice. The voltage of the Paragon Port-A-Blast SnoCone Machine is a Standard 120VAC 60Hz with a 3 prong normal household plug. The snow cone maker is NSF certified so it is approved and suitable for commercial usage. If needed it can be operated with a 1000+ W generator.
Pros Paragon Port-A-Blast:
- As their cheapest model, this sno cone maker still features everything paragon commercial snow cone machines have to offer.
- NSF certified.
- The quality is the same as their more expensive models.
- Lower energy usage than the other 2 paragon models as there is no “cabinet” with extra lights to burn.
- The blade is adjustable and replaceable
Cons Paragon Port-A-Blast:
- The Paragon Port-A-Blast has a plastic tub vs. a lighted cabinet so there is no insulation. The ice melts quickly and there is no drain to remove the melted water.
- If you shave larger ice volumes for other purposes the tray is quite shallow, so the ice peaks up in the shaving chamber and the Sno Cone Machine will stop rotating. If you spread the ice out now and then it will work properly even under that usage conditions.
2. Paragon Arctic Blast Commercial snow cone machine
- Output: 500 lbs. of cube or chunk ice per hour
- Actual Dimensions W x D x H: 16" x 14" x 24"
- Watts: 792 Motor: 1/3 HP, 1725 RPM
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 16:27 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links
The Arctic Blast has the same mechanical parts as the port-a-blast. The difference is the blue lighted cabinet with a stainless steel top to catch the snow. Both are real commercial grade snow cone machines but this is a real eye catcher. An impact-resistant panels cabinet and a plastic tray with a drain to let the excess of water out. It fits on the Paragon Blast Cart for easy transportation. Tested to NSF/ANSI Standard 4 by ETL, UL 197 • CSA 22.2 NO. 109 • CE
Pros paragon arctic blast:
- The same as above
- Very good looking for customers
- The bottom has a plastic tray with a drain.
Cons paragon arctic blast:
- Costs more energy than the basic model and the start price is higher because it is made of different materials.
3. Costzon snow cone maker
- 【Double Cutter Head for High Working Efficiency】 Dual blades provides double efficiency comparing to the singe blade machines. Featuring dual blades with 1400 runs/min rotating speed, this Ice Shaver Machine has the high-efficiency crushing capacity about 440lbs/h.
- 【Sturdy Construction Built to Last】 Constructed by 201 stainless steel machine body, 430 stainless steel blades and thickened acrylic container, this snow cone machine features sharpen, highly transparent and unbreakable, can withstand many years of use.
- 【Rational Design with Easy & Secure Operation】 Its acrylic case housing keeps the shaved ice cool, and drain hole with the pipe for release the ice water. Furthermore, the on/off switch is water-resistant, which is safe enough to operate even though your hands get wet.
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 11:04 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links
The shaved ice results seems to differ in type: often very fine like snowball ice but sometimes chunky sized snow cone texture. The difference could result from what ice cubes you use (dry ice versus wet ice vs packed ice).
Pros Costzon snow cone maker:
- Mostly happy customers with good reviews.
- Cheaper than the main brand at this moment (2019)
Cons Costzon snow cone maker:
- It is unclear if it is an officially commercial machine (NSF certified).
- The blade is not easily adjustable.
- Replacement shaving blades are not readily available, but they don’t dull fast.
4. Koval Inc. snow cone machine
- Hopper is made of stainless steel for long-lasting durability, and its powerful motor is designed to give you the power and reliability you need throughout the day
- Can grind up to 440 lbs. per hour to ensure you have a constant supply of ice
- The seamless extra thick acrylic box keeps the whole room cool when filled with shaved ice that you can pre-shave a full box to serve the long queue
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 11:04 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links
This snow cone maker features double blades. It is an easy to clean commercial snow cone maker. The size of the snow differs like with all snow cone makers. With this machine it seems to depend on what size of ice you start with (solid ice cubes or crushed ice bags). The acrylic box is extra thick to keeps the shaved ice cool. Imported by a third person from china like the yescom. Could mean nothing and no problems when something is defect.
Pros Koval Inc. snow cone machine:
- It has a drain hole to release melted ice water.
- Easy to assemble machine.
- Comes with an extra set of blades.
- For a snow cone machine it is really quiet.
Cons Koval Inc. snow cone machine:
- The main complaints seem to be about the draining. The hose of the drain pipe is short and you need to tilt the machine a bit to drain it.
- You need to run a bit of ice through the machine to get out any lose welding fragments when in use for the first time.
- Not that many customer reviews yet.
- No NSF certified info.
5. Yescom commercial snow cone maker
- Power cord with UL Listed,dual blades provides double efficiency comparing to the singe blade machines
- Acrylic case housing keeps the shaved ice cool
- Stainless steel screws prevent rust pollution to the shaved ice in the box
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 12:07 / refreshed every 12 hours / Contains affiliate links
This Yescom commercial snow cone maker is a dual blades machine from china. It is used by some people in food trucks but lacks the official NSF certificate. For as far as I can see it is the same as the Koval inc. So I guess there are 2 different importers for this snow cone maker from china and they both gave their product a different brand name. Though the machine can still be perfectly alright I would be afraid that the customer service is below par.
Pros yescom snow cone machine:
- Easy to operate. Easy to clean. Replacement blades available
- It has a drain
Cons yescom snow cone machine:
- This commercial snow cone machine is not NSF certified. This means it is not approved by the Health Dept to be used in food business.
Paragon Port-A-Blast versus Paragon Simply-A-Blast versus Paragon Arctic
As this is often confusing here a short comparison of these 3 Paragon sno cone makers:
The Port-A-Blast is their simplest model. It uses a plastic tray instead of a “vitrine / cabinet”. It is cost effective and energy efficient but it does not have the looks of the other two though.
The Paragon Simply-A-Blast is their middle model. It has a clear cabinet with tempered glass windows with a galvanized steel top for customers, to avoid the cheap look.
The Paragon Arctic is their top model. The plus above the other 2 models is it’s looks for customers. It has a blue glass “cabinet” made of high impact glass and a stainless steel top. For the very slight price difference of about 10 dollars it is worth to consider this model if you depend on how you look for your customers. When you have a behind the counter sno cone machine there is no pre of this model above the other two.
Commercial snow cone machine Brands
Glacier Gears Professional
Gold Medal Shav-A-Doo
Commercial Snow Cone Machine for sale
For an overview of good on sale snow cone machines click here
snow cone syrup wholesale
You can make the syrup (the sugar water) yourself fairly easy, just mix sugar and hot water. To preserve the syrup, sodium benzoate and citric acid. And then flavor it. It does take time and space for storage though.
Buying syrup is the fastest way to go. There are different types of flavor: ready to use versus concentrate and with or without sugar. For an overview of good on sale snow cone syrup on wholesale click here.
Commercial electric snow cone maker vs ice shaver machine.
Though these snow cone makers are not ice shavers some of them come pretty close.
Like the paragon sno cone makers give you almost an ice shaver machine for the price of a snow cone maker.