Here is a list of the top 10 Best Baby Swings for January 2014. Review summaries are included with the main pros and cons of each baby swing. I hope this post will help some new parents make their decision. The swing especially helps when your baby has a lot of colic.
1) Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing Snugabunny
The pros of the Fisher-Price Snugabunnyare:
– This swing is one of the few baby swings that has a plug in option and a battery option.
– It really has a nice plush soft and thick padding fabric to snuggle in compared to a few others.
– You can choose to set this swing between swinging back and forth or side to side, handy as some babies have a preference.
– And not to forget, it is quiet! This is an important one for new parents as you will be tired yourself so it is nice to sleep when you can. I don’t think baby’s care if there would be some noise… At least mine slept best with the sound of the washing machine on the background.
The Cons of the Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing Snugabunny:
– It does only fit until your baby weights about 30 lbs. Now most baby swings do so but it would be handy if it holds up to a bit more.
2) Graco Swing By Me Portable 2-in-1 Swing.
Pros of the Graco Swing By Me Swing:
– This swing is portable and according to most users it is really easy to take apart and put together, so it is not just a sales tactic.
– When is stands it is quite tall so your kid will be up from the floor a bit. Especially nice if you have pets.
Cons of the Graco Swing By Me Swing:
– A pitfall that many of these swings have: No plugin adapter. Bizarre that so many don’t offer that.
3) Fisher-Price Zen Collection Cradle Swing
Pros of the fisher price Zen Cradle swing:
– Customers really like that the seat comes of the swing, so you can take your baby with you when you need to do something in a different room, for instance like having a shower.
– The seat rotates so you can swing front to back or side to side. The speed is variable. Nice fabric in nice colors.
Cons of the fisher price Zen Cradle swing:
– The assembly instructions could be better… Much Better!
Tip: If you choose this one read the reviews before setting it up. The lacking parts in the assembly instructions are added there by other customers.
4) Fisher Price Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing
Pros of the Starlight Cradle Swing,:
– The starlight swing is easy to assemble unlike some others.
– This swing is one of the few that have a handy plugin function so your swing won’t eat batteries.
Cons of the starlight cradle swing:
– On the old starlight cradle swing the netting was not save enough. Fisher price has replaced that part to prevent choking hazard. So be sure you buy a newer version.
5) Ingenuity Portable Swing – Bella Vista
Pros of the Ingenuity Portable Swing – Bella Vista:
– This is a fold-able and portable swing and it has a nice price…! But that said, there are a lot of unhappy customer reviews.
Cons of the Ingenuity Portable Swing – Bella Vista:
– The mobile get’s in the way when putting the baby in and out of the swing, so some end up just taking it off and putting it away.
– Noisy compared to others. If I understood it correctly it makes a loud click when you stop it. Not handy as you tend to stop it once your baby sleeps so he will wake up again.
– This swing somehow has a flimsy feel to it according to a lot of users.
Summarized: The Ingenuity Portable Swing – Bella Vista has a nice price tag but you do get what you pay for.